Built in 1924 as “The Earle,” the original theater was a movie house presenting live vaudeville shows and first run silent movies. In 1947 the theater was renamed in honor of its owner, Harry Warner, one of the founders of Warner Brothers.
In the 1950s, the theater was redesigned to feature “Cinerama” movies and in the 1960s featured memorable films such as “Ben Hur,” “Dr. Zhivago,” and “Hello, Dolly!” After falling into disrepair in the early 1970s, The Warner Theater was revived in the late 1970s and featured a surprise small-venue concert by the Rolling Stones.
In the late 1980s, The Warner was reimagined once again, this time as part of a truly innovative block-long mixed-use development. The Theater was restored to its full grandeur and integrated with a contemporary trophy office component. The new development and restorations were completed in 1993. Since then, scores of celebrities and entertainers have appeared at The Warner Theater, leaving their handprints along The Warner Theater’s “Walk of Fame”.